Biomass exchange: By-product Optimizer Portal
Nearby and always available biomass.
Residual biomass means raw material obtained from plants mainly produced by forestry and agriculture management that have different possible exploitation, including as renewable energy source (RES).
By its nature, residual biomass is distributed throughout the land and all year long; part of this resource is someway already available. Currently it is not efficiently exploited due to some problems related to non optimal distribution during the year of each kind of biomass, in addition to specific energy conversion process, logistics, economic and authorization problems. BeBOP wants to overcome this condition by setting up residual biomass short value chains that support socio-economic growth. Our aim is to invest in sustainable development and to reach an integrate land management that promotes use of by-products as industrial raw material and as renewable energy source. Thanks to our eco-innovation tools we want to offer a transparent, competitive and stable market service based on a digital Trade Centre for residual biomasses. By-product producers and consumers of these biomasses can automatically match each other supply with demand on BeBOP’s Portal that will let them know the potential of residual biomass in the neighborhood. The economic value will be suggested by previous trading sessions since availability of residual biomass is located in real time with georeferencing tools and the logistics assessment is optimized. This raw material is converted in added-value and in income support for residual biomass producers and boosts the green potential of all BeBOP's players.
We can also offer savings to consumers of RES, compared to current situation, through our Trade Centre powered by Sistene E.S.CO..
In Phase 1 we evaluate risks and opportunities of BeBOP thanks to a market investigation and a Beta Version of Portal.
In Phase 2 we will validate the commercial potential of BeBOP in several EU contexts. On BeBOP residual biomass utilization goes beyond energy field, it will work for all EU thanks to the generation of a replicable business.
In view of sustainable development, our vision is to implement a digital Portal for purchase and sale of residual biomasses, where everyone can have a chance to buy local energy or industrial raw material whit a competitive market price.
We offer several services & tools that optimize logistics: collection, processing, transport and storage of the raw material.
We develop short and dynamic supply chains based on added value of byproducts.
WHAT & WHY
Nowadays the energy market is very unstable, because is usually linked to foreign imports, since both for fuel than biomasses.
Residual biomasses is everywhere, has huge potential which currently has not yet exploit not only for technical problems, but also logistics.
Our innovative service can overcome these challenges and highlight the positive issues about its use.
BeBOP enhances social and environmental sustainability
BeBOP induces positive repercussions on environment, fosters the use of RES according to European outlooks for sustainable development.
The use of residual biomass does not show negative consequences like energy farming do.
Indeed the usage of a by-product, as residual biomasses are, does not involve a specific commitment of land or water resources.
Mistaken and polluting usage biomass are avoided, as e.g. burning of pruning on the field, a practice unfortunately widespread.
- Low CO2 emission, optimizing logistics and boosting RES (CO from biomass is 39 times lower than from fossil fuels).
- Reduces soil consumption, there are no dedicated cultivations.
- Reduces hydrogeological collapse, e.g. river flow is more regular because removing branches reduces obstruction.
- Lowering the risk of fires avoiding to burn agricultural residues on field, reducing the presence of wood residues, etc.
- Use of a by-product for local enomomy growth.
- Short supply chains development, based on a circular economy
- Job creation: the use of biomass as an energy source, increasing local employment
- Promotes local business networks
- Integrated land management
- Positive externalities, e.g. landscape care.
- Energy efficiency: ad hoc measures for BeBOP's users
- Use of renewable energy sources: decrease the use of fossil fuels
- By-product as energy source
- Savings on heat consumption
- Sistene E.S.Co. wants to offer a transparent, competitive and stable market service trought our new ITC tools.
- Price transparency. The trade of residual biomass is linked to availability of raw material in the area.
- Supply chain traceability
- Income support for residual biomass producers (eg. farmers, Municipalities,....) and added value creation
BE PART OF IT!
The Project is targeting all the subjects involved directly and indirectly in the production, distribution and use of residual biomass.
Key stakeholders are:
- farmers and forest owners and cooperatives
- forest entrepreneurs and companies
- Members of machinery rings
- Regional and National policy makers
- Local community
- Small and medium enterprises interested in mainstreaming eco-innovation based on residual biomass.
- Farmer Biomass Logistic management
- General public
In BeBOP Portal these stakeholders will be:
PRODUCERS of residual biomass, including farmers (specifically with cereal cultivation or orchards, including vineyards and olive trees), forest companies, Public Administration (i.e. urban green management), etc.
LOGISTICS AGENCIES are companies involved in wood and RES supply chains, that are in charge of: harvesting, collection, process and transport of residual biomass, also wood-based. These companies are widespread in the area.
CONSUMERS owners of renewable energy system, or industries that can use residual biomass as raw material. In energy field the typical user provided with medium-sized plants generally uses wood chips or pellets. Plants are structured with high efficiency and low environmental impact and
they can be fueled by raw material of low quality (e.g. wood chip, quality B).
If you are interested in this Project,
please contact us for more information.
Currently BeBOP Project is at an early stage where we are developing the first short chains (less than 70 km) at Regional level (Veneto).
These trials will serve to improve Portal mechanism, analyzing potential problems and above all spreading the idea.
If there will be more participants, the results will be better and the Platform can be implemented with new features and new applications of residual biomass.
Currently we are answering to different Call of the European Union to exploit this loan as a growth accelerator.